Center of Cumra Campus consists of the sugar factory, whose foundations were laid in 2003 and was completed in 2004, which was financed completely with equity capital.
This campus was founded on approximately 2 million 600 thousand m2 area on 5th degree farm land in Cumra county. The campus founded to operate with zero waste, has 27 production networks. Consisting of 23 production facilities, the saplings, used for the largest forestation campaign in Turkey are also produced in the campus. Heat requirement of the tissue culture laboratory, greenhouses and fish farm are supplied by circulating hot water, which is used in the production process, and cooling in these facilities.
Molasses, which is a by-product of beet when sugar is produced, is used for feed and yeast industries and ethanol production in Cumra Seker Integrated Facilities. Vinasse, which comes out as a by-product during ethanol production, is utilized for liquid organic fertilizers and carbondioxide gas, which comes out during fermentation in ethanol production is used for liquid carbondioxide and dry ice production. Thanks to this huge facility, which has 56 per cent of installed ethanol capacity in Turkey, millions of dollars of worth of foreign currency, paid to foreign countries as a cost of fuel, is ensured to be saved by our producers and contribution is made to reduce our foreign deficit. Using state of the art technology with the cooperation of the industry, university and TUBITAK, Konya Seker feed facilities have taken important steps for stockbreeding and is used a s a raw material of the feed, which is dried with steam drying technology, which is used only in America other than this facility.
Thanks to this system, established in Cumra Central Campus and which reduces energy costs to 1 10th, access to quality feed with more economical conditions by our stockbreeders in ensured. Turning the treatment system of Cumra Seker Integrated Facility, which has the most modern waste water treatment system in our country, into an energy source, carries out the heating and cooling process of the buildings and greenhouses in the campus, in addition to electricity production, by utilizing the methane gas, which comes out, at the trigen powerplant it has established.
Facilities and production centers, Konya Seker has added to Cumra Central Campus to the Turkish industry.
CUMRA SUGAR FACTORY
- CUBE AND PACKAGED SUGAR PRODUCTION FACILITY
- LIQUID SUGAR PRODUCTION FACILITY
- BAKLAVA AND DESSERT SYRUP PRODUCTION FACILITY
- SWEET SYRUP PRODUCTION FACILITY
- CHOCOLATE PRODUCITON FACILITIES
- SUGAR PRODUCTS, CANDY, TOFFEE, WINEGUM, SWEETS PRODUCTION FACILITY
- BAKERY PRODUCTS, COOKIES, CAKE AND WAFER PRODUCTION FACILITY
- HALVA AND TURKISH DELIGHT PRODUCTION FACILITY
- FLOUR FACTORY
- BIOETHANOL PRODUCTION FACILITY
- SUPERETHANOL PRODUCTION FACILITY
- DRY ICE PRODUCTION FACILITY
- LIQUID CARBONDIOXIDE PRODUCTION FACILITY
- ORGANIC FERTILIZER PRODUCTION FACILITY
- FEED FACTORY
- STEAM PULP DRYING FACILITY
- PACKAGED PULP PRODUCTION FACILITY
- BEEBREAD AND LIQUID BEEBREAD PRODUCTION FACILITY
- MEDICINE SUGAR PRODUCTION FACILITY
- COBANYILDIZI THERMAL POWERPLANT
- SAPLING PRODUCTION PLANT
- MODERN GREENHOUSES WITH ULTRA AIR CONDITIONERS
- TISSUE CULTURE LABORATORY
- TRIGEN POWERPLANT
- INDUSTRIAL WASTE WATER TREATMENT FACILITY
- FISH FARM